FEEL GOOD HALF NAKED
It’s what we do every day. We are a well-respected swimwear retailer in Canada and it is our mission to help our customers FEEL GOOD HALF NAKED. Intrigued?
Our focus on customer service ensures that we all play a role in making our customers feel comfortable wearing swimwear and beachwear. This focus influences how we function at Head Office. It is our job to make sure that our salespeople have all tools, product, and support to help them build that confidence.
Obsessed with helping people feel amazing? Do you love interacting with multiple departments in order to support in the achievement of getting the right product to the right stores and knowing that you are helping our stores send customers off to Feel Good Half Naked? Is ‘Team’ your middle name? If so, you are an ideal candidate for our Assistant Buyer position at Head Office in Calgary, AB, a support function to a Buyer. You will have strong analytical, organizational, computer, critical-thinking and communication skills. As a representative of Swimco, the Assistant Buyer will be required to act professionally when dealing with vendors’ representatives and customer service.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We have some of the highest employee retention rates in the country in retail! Some of our staff have been working here for over 20 years! We achieve that by making you feel appreciated, rewarded, and valued!
We have excellent compensation, experiential training, growth opportunities, fun team atmosphere, discounts, and benefits. We are happy to tell you all about it!
Oh…and you get to support our stores in helping people feel amazing…that’s priceless!
- Represent, model and abide by Swimco’s values, mission and vision
- Ensure all activities are in alignment with providing the product required at store level as per customer needs
- Create and submit purchase orders to vendors, as directed by the buyer, and ensure the accuracy of the order details
- Execute product creations, and inputting purchase orders into inventory systems
- Reviewing order confirmations from suppliers and follow up on any discrepancies
- Review purchase orders to ensure timely deliveries and receipts
- Generate and review weekly buyer’s reports and results
- Assist in the prioritizing of purchase order receipts
- Distribute product to stores based on buyer’s direction and store needs
- Regularly review inventory levels and sales performance of product by store
- Contact stores on any product quality issues or sales performance concerns
- Determine distribution of sale product for seasonal Clearance Sales
- Assist the buyer in markdown report creation and markdown implementation
- Request, organize and return samples to suppliers as required (i.e. photo-shoots, line reviews)
- Visit stores regularly, and communicate store feedback to buying team
- Attend supplier meetings with the buyer and provide opinions to assist with product selections
- Post-secondary education in Business or Retail Management
- Flexibility and adaptability to the needs and requirements of the buying position
- Retail experience an asset (ideally within the Swimco stores)
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Shopify would be a strong asset
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Excel, and ability to learn new software
- To travel to stores and trade shows as required (passport required)
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous fast-paced environment with multiple moving pieces and strict deadlines, which may be considered stressful at times.
To apply click the button below to e-mail your resume.